Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trip To Kentucky

This past week I met Jamie, Bryan and Margo in Birmingham and we headed up to see The Waldens in Kentucky. It was lots of fun. The kids were great in the car. Margo was glad to see her MiMi and PaPa. It was Bryan's first trip to Kentucky so he had fun exploring and getting to know relatives better.
We went to Chaney's Dairy Farm for lunch. They actually make their own ice cream there. It was delicious. Then we made a stop to see the baby farm animals. Bryan and Margo were very interested in the calves. I loved the goats.
The last night we were there Bryan wanted me to play the exercise ball like a drum. So as any good grandmother would I tried. He and Margo practiced their dancing for the Carter Reunion or maybe to be River Dancers. Not sure. I watched in amazement at their little feet. I tell you those Kentucky roots run deep. Very deep.
I used to tell the folks in Texas "You may take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl". I think we passed alittle along in the genes also. Be sure and watch the videos in the album. Too funny! Not sure what is going on with the picasa albums. I guess you will have to copy and paste this link to see the pictures.:(
From Trip to Kentucky

http://picasaweb.google.com/lanalanu/TripToKentucky#

3 comments:

The Walker's said...

It's so fun being a grandmother, isn't it? The pics were cute.
Estate sale went well. We'll all visit the punch bowl soon : )

The Walker's said...

Did you get a chuckle from that comment? LOL!

Lana Walker said...

Yes, I did get a chuckle and scary visions......