My heart has never forgotten that sad day and all the stories from the families of the victims and heroes of 9/11. Their lives will never be same nor will ours. I have cried listening to the stories from the families of those lost. I honor those names and pictures when they are posted and scrolled on the TV. So much loss. To hard to take in sometimes. I hope we always remember! Not just on year 10 but everyday. Those lives must not be lost in vain but for some higher purpose. We must learn and not forget what happens when evil prevails.
We have been watching the handy work of evil men now for 10 years. Every time they show that tape of the planes going in and those buildings falling and people jumping to their deaths, the enemy gets another victory. At first I wanted them to keep showing it so people wouldn't forget and get complacent and take our freedom for granted but lately I feel like we are just giving more power to the act of the terrorist. I can just see them watching and taking pride in their accomplishment.
I would much rather see the pictures and hear the stories of those lost. It means so much more to me to really understand how loved and talented those people were whose lives were taken. I would rather see the great strength and determination those folks had and how loved they were and how great the loss was rather than see the crash and fall.
Both my parents were killed in two separate auto accidents. I like to honor their memory and remember them. Never have we felt that seeing their wrecked cars or discussing their pain and injuries much less watching it over and over again on tv would be a comfort to us. I can't imagine what those families feel when they have to watch that over and over again. Unbearable. We can remember without replay. Like I said I would rather see the faces of all those who were lost too remember them and not replay and replay of the disaster that gives terrorist great delight and brings so much pain to the families of those who died that day.
I will never forget!
No comments:
Post a Comment