As most of you know my summer has been difficult well maybe like a nightmare. Plans have been set aside. No travel. No beach. No visits to family. Lots of doctor and physical therapy visits. Joel doing double duty at home and church. Thanks Joel, you are my man. Jamie and Mary Lynn have come to see me and brought my precious grandbabies. Thank you all for that. This injury just took on a life of it's own. Started like a 3 week recovery time and mushroomed from one thing to another. Every step I have taken to get better has been a set back. Leading to many sleepless nights and much anxiety and worry for me. After 3 months my body became exhausted both physically and mentally. I didn't realize how run down I was until after my physical therapy session in the giant magic pool. It is very hot and has lots of current. Anyway, the heat outside that day was very hot. So I guess I was hot when I got there. When I tried to get out I knew something was very wrong. I called Joel to come take me home. Mary Lynn and Allison were pulling into the driveway of the house just as we were. I went straight to begin drinking water. Jamie and Bryan arrived a few hours later.
During the night I became very ill. I woke Joel to take me to the ER. Long story short I was dehydrated and had to have fluids. OH yeah and a CAT Scan. Yes, I do have a brain.
I came home and went to bed. Got up in the afternoon. Wandered into the kitchen to see what my family was doing and what I had missed. Let's just say I looked ungranna--like. Had on my big blue sleep shirt with my black leggins with a black wool sweater and my black clogs. Hair everywhere no make up. Probably scary looking. Allison, with her big blue eyes, looked up at me and said "Granna, you playing dress-up?" I said "Yes, do you want to play" She said, "Yes I do" I could hear Mary Lynn giggling even with her head in the frig. Made me crack up. I needed a laugh at that point. PRICELESS!
2 comments:
Funny but not funny...I love to read your blog...you should have been a writer...you crack me up! Love what Allison said to you..priceless!
Playing dressup will always put a smile on your face! LOL Glad to see you blogging again! Hope you are better. Just give me a holla when you want to talk. Love ya!
PS--Happy "I gave birth today" day ! Can't believe Jamie is 30!
Post a Comment