Tuesday, July 10, 2007

One Great Day!


Well I am very thankful to celebrate another birthday! I try to remember the advice of a much older friend of mine that told me instead of moaning about getting older just celebrate you are still here. So I take her advice to heart. I am not sure where the 49 years went so fast. I plan to really enjoy this year since it is my last year to be in my 40's. Wow! Here comes the big 50. YIKES! I still have 364 days before I think about being half a century old.
I had a great day being with my family and friends. I received many birthday wishes by email and by phone. I spent the day with some of my most cherished people. My husband, youngins and grandyoungins. We had a great lunch and enjoyed spending time with each other. The day was about as close to perfect as you can get. Allison wasn't feeling the best but she managed many smiles and a few dances for me. Bryan was taking it all in and being busy exploring everything (especially PaPaws glasses). He liked Granna's cake. We had dinner with friends at Olive Garden and yes they sang to me. I endured without too much embarassment just waiting for the free dessert. Guess What? No free dessert. What is the world coming to? Why would anyone let them sing if you don't get free dessert. So just a warning if you go to Olive Garden on your birthday don't be tricked into the song. It gets you nothing but lots of people looking at you.
I heard a great quote today. "If you aren't confused then you aren't paying attention". I must be paying lots of attention. I stayed confused a lot these days. At 49 much of life still doesn't make sense to me. I lean on this scripture daily Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord."As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. " God is good. He has it all under control. Keep believing even when you can't see it. Expect God to do something huge in your life. He just might!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lana, just found out about your blog and want to say a belated Happy 49th! 50 ain't so bad,neither is 56. I'm thankful to be here too as I had 2 heart blockages in February-3 days before my 56th birthday. Thank the Lord I didn't have a heart attack and listened to my body and went to the Dr. Your grandbabies are precious. We are expecting our 5th granddaughter in October. It will be Shaun & Anna's 3rd. Zoe is almost 5, Hazel is 2 and Sophie will be here in October. Treavor has 2 girls, Haley-almost 4 and Ava-4 months. Jeremy & Crissy don't have any-been married two years today. We have been thinking about coming to see ya'll and staying in Columbus one weekend. Our e-mail address is lokeyjer@bellsouth.net. Write me back. Sandra & Jerry Lokey